The erbacce-prize for poetry 2017 opens
for submissions on the first of January 2017
(submissions close at midnight May Day 2017)
This year we have decided to extend the prizes; the winner
will receive a publishing contract with erbacce-press together
with the publication of his/her entire collected works
BUT; because each year the quality and quantity of entries has
increased world-wide we shall also select TWO runner-up poets
who will receive a contract and a perfect-bound selection
of their work up to 96 pages in length. Four other poets
will also be chosen to be 'Featured Poets' in one of the
quarterly publications of our journal erbacce.
A reminder of the winner's prize:
1) Publication of your collected works in perfect-bound format
with full-colour gloss or matt cover (the winner chooses)
2) A publishing contract with erbacce-press
3) Generous royalties
4) Your own dedicated Sales-Page
5) Five free copies of your book delivered to your home
THE PRIZE IS WORTH IN TOTAL AT LEAST A THOUSAND POUNDS STERLING!
AND IT IS ENTIRELY FREE TO ENTER!
NO PHONY 'READING FEES' OR 'ENTRY FEES'
it REALLY is FREE
There will also be two runners-up prizes of publishing deals with erbacce-press
Previous winners came from: Canada, Germany, Scotland, England, India, Spain,
Poland, Sweden, Wales, & USA so wherever you are from do enter.
THE VERY SIMPLE RULES:
1) Click the white button below marked 'Submissions' to SEND US YOUR ENTRY...
2) Send us five pages of poetry in ONE SINGLE A4 MS-WORD DOCUMENT (Name the A4 MS document with your full name) Nothing else; and no 'frames' please; previously-published poems accepted but please acknowledge the first to publish them like this: 'First published in [name journal] on [published date]' IMPORTANT NOTE: if you send from a Mac you MUST first convert the files.
3) In the body of the email include your FULL NAME and SNAIL MAIL ADDRESS
(Nothing else! PS; a Snail Mail address is your place of abode with post code please and a note to Americans; you DO need to include the words USA)
4) Type 'erbacce-prize' in the subject line of your email
Now how could that be simpler?
It couldn't be but last year we binned without reading about 600 entries
because they didn't follow the guidelines... and we advise you read
the information beneath the 'Submissions' button.
We will acknowledge ALL entries which follow submission guidelines;
if you don't get an acknowledgement it means you haven't followed the guidelines.